ACEL members may apply for the following open board positions:
- President (2-Year Term)
- Vice President (2-Year Term)
- Secretary (2-Year Term)
- Community Relations Committee Chair (1-Year Term)
- Kickball Committee (1-Year Term)
- Marketing and Communications Committee Chair (1-Year Term)
- Membership Committee Chair (1-Year Term)
- Public Policy Committee Chair (1-Year Term)
- Social Committee Chair (1-Year Term)
- Up to 6 Director At-Large positions (1-Year Term)
All positions will begin their terms on November 1, 2012 and end on October 31 of the respective year based on the length of their term. For a complete job description of each position, please view the 2012 Board of Directors Election Process document.
How to apply
Only ACEL members in good standing may apply or be nominated for a position. Individuals who do not submit an application or whose name is not on a petition will not be considered for board positions. Interested members may apply for ACEL Board positions in one of two ways:
- Individuals may apply for any available positions by filling out the application form and returning it to [email protected].
- Individuals may circulate a petition to nominate someone and have it signed by a minimum of thirty percent (30%) of ACEL members. If this is completed, the name of the nominee will automatically appear on the Board Slate.
How the elections process works
Once applications and nominations are received, they will be verified by the Nominations Committee, which will compile a list of eligible candidates to be presented to the ACEL Board of Directors on Tuesday, October 9, 2011. The current Board of Directors will then determine the 2012-2013 slate and ask approval (simple majority) of members by a vote during the Annual Dinner on October 25, 2012.
About the Nominations Committee
The purpose of the Nominations Committee is to actively seek and evaluate the eligibility of the applicants and nominees for any open positions on the ACEL Board of Directors. The committee consists of at least three members in good standing, who have each been ACEL members for a minimum of two consecutive years. The ACEL Vice President, currently Andrew Romero, acts as chair of the Nominations Committee and chooses members to serve on the committee. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact [email protected].