Thank you for your interest in Alachua County Emerging Leaders (ACEL). If you are between the ages of 21 and 45 and are looking to become connected, informed and involved in your community and with other young professionals, we invite you to join ACEL.
Join Any Time
ACEL accepts new members every month.
Get to Know ACEL
Three times per year, we host a member orientation program called Preview ACEL that gives current and future members the chance to meet the ACEL board of directors, get acquainted with the committee chairs and find out more about what ACEL has to offer.
Our programs and events have expenses tied to them, and sponsors alone cannot fully cover these costs, so we do charge a small fee for membership dues. The annual commitment is $50 for new members and $35 for renewals. You must renew your membership within 90 days of expiration to qualify for the renewal rate.
Graduate Student Program
ACEL is pleased to offer a discounted membership fee for Graduate Students. The fee for Graduate Student Membership is $35 for the first year and $50 for two years.
The ACEL Advantage
ACEL hosts social, educational, philanthropic and civic events and works on projects to benefit our members and the community. Your low-cost membership has its rewards, including opportunities to:
- Make a difference in your community by cooperating with charitable organizations and participating in volunteer opportunities.
- Take advantage of social and networking events to introduce yourself and your business to other young professionals.
- Stay informed about government and community issues, interact with local policy makers and help promote the growth of Alachua County.
- Build relationships with local businesses and sharpen sales and fundraising skills.
- Gain access to members-only scholarships and free admission to professional development workshops that offer one-on-one connections with the established leaders in Alachua County.
- Sharpen your writing, graphic design and marketing skills and get acquainted with local media professionals.
- Obtain valuable event-planning experience.
- Become a part of our members-only LinkedIn group at www.acelfl.com/linkedin.
- Get a free subscription to our bi-weekly eNewsletter, the ACELerator.
- Reintroduce FUN into your calendar!